The hides are tanned to exacting international standards. As it is a porous natural leather, the colours may vary slightly and may occasionally show imperfections. In spite of its softness, ostrich leather is unsurpassed for its tactile strength. It is one of the strongest leathers available. Naturally occurring oils contribute to its durability and preventing cracking.
- Ostrich leather is coloured with transparent dyes. This means the actual surface grain and markings are visible to the eye. The leather requires very little or no protective treatments.
- To clean the leather, wipe with a soft damp cotton cloth, free of detergent.
- As with all leathers and natural materials, light, both natural and artificial, may cause natural fading in colour.
- Avoid contact with ink, oils and direct heat as this will permanently mark the leather.
- To brighten the brass, dab brass cleaner on a soft cotton towel and gently rub brass edges, avoiding the ostrich leather. Please note that our brass is intentionally un-lacquered to allow the color to turn darker and patina over time.
- To clean mirrored surfaces, use a clean cotton cloth with a mix of white vinegar and water or mild glass cleaner. Avoid spraying detergent on leather.